Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jake's New Blog & George

Meet George!

Jake's now the star of his own blog. To follow his story go to http://www.blogger.com/jakevando@blogspot.com for the rest of the story....

George is having an afternoon snack on the back feeder. Most of the food is in the lobby of their condo unit - a fancy way of describing their dwellings, for sure, but it keeps them warm and dry.

George was one of the first cat's I TNR'd out of my yard. One of 19 out of my yard! I think he and some of the others spent time on the enclosed porch before we got here, we being Bella, my Belgian Shepard Lab mix and I. The former owner's caretaker use to love the cats and she and a couple of the neighbors fed them (mostly people scraps) and watched them all grow. I think the porch is where the last batch of kittens, (now 4 years old) Tootie, Stella and Baby were born to George and Coco - a sweet little calico you'll meet Word is, when Mary (former owner) died, she took or got homes for as many as she could but couldn't take all the street cats. Because of his obvious contact with people, George is people friendly after he trusts you. He's really sweet and loves his lovin'. He's a regular at the back and front feeders but he doesn't live here. He lives a door or few north. George is headed to the vet on the 31st with a reoccuring eye problem. This will be George's first time at the vet - should be interesting! Aside from his eye problem George is a pretty robust cat who scales the cyclone fence with ease to come for a snack or to feed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen: Excellent work that you're doing! I am just getting started and am hoping to become helpful to the community by participating in TNR programs around the city where I live. I have now engaged a local NFP TNR group to help my situation and will hopefully be able to make faster strides than I can on my own. I got in over my head all of a sudden and am now yelling "HELP":) Thank goodness for organizations like the one you are starting up or we wouldn't be able to get it done fast enough to really make a difference. I thank you for visiting my new blog (hpycat.blogspot.com) and can guarantee I'll be checking back to your's often for updates on how you and your furry felines are doing.

Thanks!
Amy