Wednesday, March 12, 2008

B.C.

This is B.C.. She's one of the street cats that feeds at the front feeder. She was one of my first TNR's, 3 years ago. She was pregnant at the time, her kittens were aborted. She's beautiful. Her name is B.C. for Basement Cat. While doing aftercare she slipped out of her trap and ended up living in my basement for a couple of weeks until I could retrap her. She's always the first to feed in the morning, usually waiting for me at the door when I do the 5am feeding of street colonies. She comes closer than most of the street cats but I've yet to touch her. This photo is taken from my front door. I have one of those storm doors that is 2/3'rd window and many times, I've come out to the porch and she's been on her back legs peering into the window waiting for me. I love her eyes. I don't know where she stays, she usually comes and goes from the north end. She's pretty much a loner but gets along with other cats in the area. I think she'll always be a street cat but she is up for Armchair Adoption.

No comments: