Monday, February 25, 2008

Cats n' old cars

Oh yeah, its Monday. Ssarted out this am to trap one of the sick street cats I saw the other day. Got the trap set and ready, got a place ready for the sick critter away from the others in the event s/he has something infections, got in the car (24 year old Mercedes) food and trap in the ready and mid turn about a block from my house at 5:15 this am, the car died... Dead. Couldn't start it. Who would have thought that I could push a car at 61 years old! Fortunately, one of the neighbors came out and helped push it to it's current parking place and walked home - so glad it died only a block away - the thought of walking in my neighborhood at 5:30 am isn't my cup of tea. But that's over, the back and front colonies are fed and here I sit. But not for long. Won't be taking the dogs to the Forest Preserve for their morning run - it's the yard today. Then, more work on the 501 app and the usual events of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the car. Hats off to you for getting up early to take care of poor little street cats. Anyone out there who is reading this - send a buck or two to help feed these little cats. I know Ellen and she will use the money on the cats and nothing else. Thanks in advance if you do.
Kay