Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Beginning

Hello and Welcome to CatVando! The history and activities of my life since TNR, and those of us in street cat care, know how much life changes when caring for the little critters. I've always loved animals, had animals and I work with animals (behavorial and pysical trauma with flower essences and healing touch), and I'm a born caregiver with a wide breath of experience in the wholistic and scientific health field. When I moved to my new home, I thought my hands on caregiving days were done. Not. The former resident had passed after 35 years. It was November, there were 2 cats outside the house that had obviously lived on the enclosed porch and basement. I came over every other day to feed. By the time I moved in, I was feeding 11. Within the first 4-5 months, I had 19 cats spayed or neutered out of my yard. Well, that was three years ago - many balls and uterri (?) later, plus several visits to the vets and many many bags of kibble later. Those first 19 taught me about the plight of street cats, since then, I've s/n and vetted over 100 cats. I'm a small part of a strong growing group of people dedicated to what called TNR. We Trap, Neuter or spay, Release street cats to their home territory. The cats are also vacinnated and given Rabis shots, many are tested for feline disease and microchipped (by law). It's more involved than that and there are some excellent websites on the subject that I'll post after I get permission. (Just wanted to get this up!) This website isn't about the specifics of TNR, this website is about my experience with TNR and my newly forming CatVando NFP Corp for street cat care. That's it for now folks! Stay tuned for info on cats, health, TNR, forming a nfp, photos, nature, links, collaborations with other people and shelters and MORE!

1 comment:

CatVando said...

Just testing to see if comments can be left!