Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tri, Willow and Blackie

No time for photos today - had an issue with one of the cats we adopted out and ended up spending most of the day trying to determine her whereabouts, calling and emailing the adopter (with no response) and all the area shelters.... she's find and is coming back to CatVando tomorrow. Tri We did get to see her flip from one side to the other with relative ease. She continues to eat more each day, now that she's on the gravy food. Her wound is healing nicely. She's going to need to get out her cage soon. WE NEED A FOSTER HOME FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!! We still don't know her true temperament - she's still on a lot of pain meds. She did his at me tonight when I administered her antibiotics but it was my fault. I approached her from an angle that she might not have been able to see. But then she took the oral meds just fine. She's going to have to start using her legs and there isn't enough room in her crate. We got another $100 donation today! That brings us up to $520! With matching funds, that's $1,040! Thank You - we're almost there! She's going to the vet tomorrow for her check up Willow I did get a shot of her at the bathroom threshold, in her 'I'm ready for more food now', stance. I'll post tomorrow. She slept most of the day with little wandering throughout the house. I've yet to see her play. To the vet tomorrow for her kidney values. Blackie His appetite continues to improve. I've been adding water to his food. He doesn't drink much on his own and he has a tendency towards dehydration. He drinks it up as long as it's flavored with canned food. I haven't attempted to open his mouth to see how things are healing. He just has his canines, everything else was removed. Still haven't attempted to pet him. He was the friendliest cat in the house he came out of but continues to look at me with a touch of fear. Am just talking to him, moving slowly, providing food and cleaning the cage so he'll get more comfortable. That's it - should have quite a bit to report tomorrow after the vet. Been a long day.

No comments: